Education and Training:
Graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2006 from Rutgers University with a BA in Psychology with a background in child/adolescent development, behavioral therapy, and research.
Trained though Birth Arts in 2010 to become a Birth/Postpartum Doula and Breastfeeding Counselor.
Completed CLC course through the Healthy Children Project Center for Breastfeeding, examination score of 95% received to obtain Certified Lactation Counselor title from the Academy of Lactation Practice and Policy.
Completed education and clinical hours requirements to sit for IBCLE exam. Passed exam to to obtain International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) credential.
Recent Continuing Education Courses:
- Breastfeeding Without Birthing: Inducing Lactation
- Comprehensive Oral Functional Assessment
- Guiding Bottle Feeding Breakthroughs
- Updates in Skin to Skin Research and Beyond
- Thinking Critically About the Use of Clinical Lactation Tools
- Disorganized Infant Feeding: Beyond Suck, Swallow, Breathe
- Advanced Assessment and Management of Mastitis
- In-Depth Introduction to Cervical Auscultation
- What’s New in Drugs and Breastfeeding – Dr. Hale
- Understanding the Complexities of Tongue Tie
- The Importance of Assessment, Referral, and Collaborative of Ankyloglossia
- Critical Assessment of Apparent Tongue-Tie
- Awakening the Parent: Supporting Your Client’s Transformation
- Breast Assessment and Non-White Skin Tones
- TOTs Reattachment And Re-Release: Improve Patient Outcomes
- Active Wound Management and Neuromuscular Re-Education for TOTs
- Frenectomy/Frenotomy – How Do We Measure A Complete Release?
- Breastfeeding with a Tongue Tie When Revision is Not Possible
- Bleeding Post-Tongue Tie Revision: Assessment and Reduction
- Tongue Tied: Creating Functional Breastfeeding Outcomes
- Pediatric TMJD, Tongue Tie, and Chiropractic Care
- Pumps and Lactation Aids: Skills and Reimbursement
- Community Breastfeeding Support in the Time of Public Health Emergencies
- Lactation Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Fitting Flanges for Pumping: Rethinking Sizes and Materials
- Design Solutions to Support Breastfeeding in Public
- Breastfeeding Aversion and Agitation
- Lactation and Employment: How to Make Breastfeeding WORK
Recent Maintenance Certifications :
- In 2017 received 4 year New York State Infection Control and Barrier Precautions certification approved by the New York State Heath Department and State Education Department
- In 2018 received 3 year ServSafe ANSI accredited Food Handling and Safety Certification.
- In 2022 received certification in Bloodborne Pathogens Training conducted by the American Red Cross.
- In 2022 received 2 year certification in Adult/Child/Baby First Aid/CPR/AED conducted by the American Red Cross.